Renovation is a very time consuming and tiring process. You have to supervise everything and make sure that it is going exactly as you planned. Also, there are so many decisions to be made, like selecting the right flooring, etc. And even if one of these decisions is made in a hurry, you might have to regret it for years to come. All this makes HDB renovation quite difficult. But all the problems will go away if you are able to find the right contractor. There are too many renovation contractors in Singapore and that’s why selecting the right one seems a little tricky. It can however be made simpler with the help of the tips given below.
- The first thing that you should do is make sure that you only consider registered HDB renovation contractors. Only these contractors are allowed to take renovation contracts in the region. Most people realize the importance of this only after their work is disapproved by the board and all their money goes to waste. Avoid making this mistake.
- Selecting a company with a lot of years in the field has so many benefits. First of all it ensures that the contractor has faced almost every type of problems in this work, so they will be able to handle whatever comes their way. The years of experience also means that the work done by such a contractor will be high quality. Moreover, if the company has survived for so long in such a competitive business, it means that they must be doing a great job. And, they will have so many completed jobs to judge their work from. Thus, you should look for a HDB renovation contractor who has at least five years of experience in the field.
- Owner of the firm will probably only finalize the deal with you and make all the promises. But it will be the employees that are going to do the actual job. Thus, you should definitely look into the staff of the company your hire. Make sure that all the recruits are trained for the job properly. The employees should be qualified and skilled enough to complete the job exactly as you want. Also, as you are going to interact with the staff during the work, they should be capable of listening to the client and responding appropriately.
- In today’s economy, budget is a very big concern. You should fix a price range according to your capabilities before you start searching for a contractor. This range should not be so low that you have hard time finding any contractor. It should also not be so high that you run out of money before completion. Once you have decided the range, you should not consider the HDB renovation contractors that are too much above your budget. Those you are slightly above can be negotiated with.
- The info you get from the contractor and his website is not enough to make the decision. You should hence talk to some of his previous clients to get the truth about the operations and final results.